Monday, August 20, 2007

"Saving Grace"

I just watched a couple of the filthiest scenes I've seen on TV on a show called "Saving Grace." I tuned in because of Holly Hunter, the series star. I've seen her do some awesome acting. I was excited to be able to catch her on TV, but this series . . . just didn't seem to know where it was going. Besides the fact that I got to see more of Holly Hunter than I really wanted to see in a couple of sex scenes, besides the fact that the series seemed to be trying to justify this with the name "Saving Grace" and some scenes that were totally peripheral to the plot with some grizzled angel named Earl, besides all that . . . it took too long to figure out what was going on and what the plot was going to be about. It seems crazy to accuse something that started off that fast and furious tonite with starting up too slow, but . . . perhaps the director was going for a sense of disorientation. That's certainly what he achieved.

Though it's too late to trash the name "Saving Grace," I think that "Earl" should only appear occasionally when he's going to be the focus of the show.

No comments: