Sunday, August 26, 2007

Albert Mohler

I gotta say, my first contact with this guy was when I heard him talking about how evil shows like House and Fight Club were. I love things that make me think, so I was seriously not too crazy about this right wing nut. Well, since then, for one thing, I've just about stopped watching House.

I would have sworn that the character of Gregory House didn't start out like he is now. Mr. Mohler is right about him now, though. On the pretext of being for evolution and science and against anything resembling sentiment or selflessness, he's just become juvenile. Fight Club made me believe that following evolution to its end (not that I'd ever want to do that) meant chaos and the collapse of civilization. House has just made me believe that following evolutionary theory to its end just means a bunch of adults playing childish Lord of the Flies games.

Anyway, I've already written about all that. What really kills me is Al Mohler. He turns out to be SO COOL! Seeing as how I just did this whole bit above on atheism, I'll drop a link here to an awesome article that Mohler does on The New Atheism (http://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/mohler/1450685/). It's from last November or something, but it's totally awesome. His new blog is pretty excellent, as well. It's at http://www.albertmohler.com/ Oh, man, how does he consistently find such incredible topics? Blows the mind. It makes me feel like I should just be an Al Mohler echo. Not that he's the only one that makes me feel that way. They're all over the internet, once you know where to find them. People of faith who actually have minds and vocabularies, both in working order. Oh, God bless them.

No comments: