Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Paige Patterson

Why does everybody in blog-land hate Paige Patterson so much? I just read this long diatribe about him on Baptist Blogger. So, he's rich! I thought that riches were right up there next to godliness in the Baptist hierarchy. I mean, so many BMWs (correction, rich-looking cars) roar past me as I walk home from Baptist events. Is it just easy to take pot-shots at a symbol of excessive wealth, while we all have our own little ungodly excesses at home that the Lord is convicting us of and we're not doing anything about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? BMWs "roar" past you? How many BMWs are there in your city? How many of the BMW owners attend your church? I find it difficult to believe.

Carly said...

I wasn't thinking of a function at my church. I was remembering a function that drew Baptists from all over the city as well as Christians from other denominations. It was a performance of Handel's "Messiah" at what was then the largest of the city's four big Baptist churches. I'm not sure how many of the cars roaring past me on that long lonely road in those blasted high heels were actually BMWs. They were very rich cars, though. I mention BMWs specifically though, because I did notice an awful lot of BMWs.